Communication and Art
The communication activity dedicated to S.Bernardo began by looking to the world of art: this has been evident since 1926, when communication was entrusted to an artist of the era, Leonetto Cappiello who created the first S.Bernardo advertisement to enter the annals of the brand.
In the 1930s some of the most important artists working in Turin and the Piemonte region were called upon to make sketches, designs and labels to communicate the image of the water renowned for being “The lightest water in the world”; right up to the collaboration with Ugo Nespolo author of the “Il Tappo” a work of art destined to become another icon of the brand. The poster created for the 80th anniversary of the brand gathers the heritage labels of S.Bernardo in advertising posters created by students from the Istituto Europeo di Design in Turin.
S.Bernardo’s move towards the world of design came about in 1994 thanks to the introduction of the new 75 cl “droplet” glass bottle dedicated exclusively for restaurants: a new appearance elegantly enhanced by 88 tiny embossed droplets of water designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro the internationally renowned designer who was himself born in Garessio. In 2006, for its 80th anniversary S.Bernardo promoted its image with an exclusive series of labels created by the students from the Istituto Europeo di Design in Turin.
In 2008, S.Bernardo approached the catering industry with a new look: the S.Bernardo logo, label and glass bottle were updated; the result being a fresh and characterful personality, adding value to the contents with lightness yet maintaining links with the company’s origins. The restyling of the bottle confirmed the association with Giorgetto Giugiaro who in 2009 designed the new 1l and 1.5l PET bottles, faithful to the “droplet” concept which represents the leitmotif of the brand throughout its restyling.